Followers

Friday 17 June 2016

Wonderful Australian trees...the Melaleucas;






Melaleuca  is a genus of nearly 300 species of plants in the myrtle family, Myrtaceae, they are known by many common names, paperbarks, honey-myrtles or tea-trees. 






I have 4 large Paperbark/Melaleuca trees growing around my house. Some more are located in my bush garden. The trees are in full flower again and the Lorikeets come in swarms to feed on the nectar of the flowers.
At night, the bats gorge themselves on the flowers. The noise, the screeching  of the lorikeets and at night the squabbling of the bats, each one wants the best place. WONDERFUL NATURE.














©Photos my garden/Text Ts 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have heard sounds from bats before. I must pay more attention to nature next time I stay in a chalet or something. Btw the flowers look like those of bottle brush, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! We once had a bat fly in to our cabin one evening, were we all surprised! My hubby found a broom and successfully showed him or her the way out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees and the parrots are beautiful even if a bit noisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful it all looks - I am very envious.

    ReplyDelete